Seven Award Recipients were named:
• “Ribbons & Lace,” recycled 3-D glass on glass window by Cindy Mullen, of Johnstown, received the Ed and Kay Kale Memorial Award.
• “Taking Flight,” a metal piece by Alan K. Lichtenfels, of Johnstown, received the Lynn Musulin Award.
• “Scale,” a 3-D fractal piece by Zone Patcher, of East Conemaugh, received the Conemaugh Township Rotary Award in memory of Robin Green.
• “Breaking Away,” photography on watercolor paper by Judy Crookston, of Johnstown, received the Ned Wert Award.
• “Rising From the Storm,” an acrylic painting by Joe Berezansky, of Johnstown, received the RE/MAX Team Realtors Award.
• “Just Hanging Out,” a watercolor painting by Marianne Krizner, of Johnstown, received the A. Schrock Watercolor Award.
• “Connectivity #524,” a drawing, ink and prismacolor by Kenneth Cotlar, of Ebensburg, received the Juror’s Award.
The summer exhibit includes works from its scholarship winners.
This year’s winners are displaying their competition pieces with Allied Artists.
They are Christine Troll, a Pennsylvania Home-school Accreditation Agency student from Somerset, who will study interdisciplinary arts at the University of Pittsburgh at Bradford; Sydney Huston, Westmont Hilltop High School, who will study studio art/graphic design at Indiana University of Pennsylvania; Marian Grata, Central Cambria High School, who will study graphic design at Slippery Rock University; Savannah Reitz, Greater Johnstown High School, who will study art education/art therapy at Slippery Rock University; Emily Belinda, Forest Hills High School, who will study art education at Indiana University of Pennsylvania; Molly Piwonka, Salisbury-Elk Lick High School, who will study art education at Eastern Mennonite University; and Trinity Hardrick, Greater Johnstown High School, who will study graphic design at Pittsburgh Technical College.